Some of their concerns:
Gross Motor Skills - When in exersaucer or in jumperoo, she does not bounce. Are knees/legs week? Is that why she is not crawling? This is one of the main areas they will look at and work with her.
Fine Motor Skills - Hadleigh just started feeding herself and basically she is not using her fingers. When picking up Cheerios, she uses her whole hand. They call it "the rake." She also does not point at anything. She also does not wave bye-bye. They will work with her to use her fingers.
Hearing - Hadleigh does not babble. She yells but she does not babble. They are wondering if she is not hearing everything. We know she hears some but how much. They were saying she might hear "through a cloud." Because of her age, we might not know the answer to this question for awhile but we are to be working with her. Of course, we took Hadleigh to the doc yesterday and she had a double ear infection so I am sure that did not help during the evaluation. The good thing is I have always taught my kids to sign certain things and maybe with Hadleigh this might come in very handy??
Okay....I cried at first over all of this information but I am over it. Hadleigh is perfect and just needs to work on some things. Don't we all :-)
Today was Pajama Day at the kids' school! It made getting ready for the day super easy!!! The kids always climb into bed with Hadleigh to wake her up in the morning. Jillian and Rocco love her so much!!
Gosh, look at those matching chins. Cracks me up!!
Rocco with his Cars slippers!!
Jillian in her Princess slippers to match the jammies!!
Poor Hadleigh was really being smothered this morning!!

Finally, Jillian's class "performed" the classic, Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear? Of course Jillian had to be the flamingo because that is her favorite animal because they are pink. She wore lots of pink to get into character. I put "performed" in parentheses because I am not sure this qualifies as a performance or a play but they did a pretty good job!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment