Thursday, May 14, 2009

Celebrating my Birthday With a Party for my Mom

Yep! You read the title correctly. Yesterday was the 4th anniversary of my 27th birthday and we celebrated by throwing a retirement party for my mom. Actually, we didn't throw the party. Her friends at her school did but my Mom wanted us at the party to help celebrate. Let's be honest, she did not care if Bryan and I were there, she just wanted to show off the grandkids. But I don't mind as I know they are such cutie-patooties!!! She is throwing in the towel after 33 years of teaching. Whew!!! I don't know how she did it?? That's a long time of teaching Hamlet and Lord of the Flies.

I forgot our camera in the car but my Mom took pictures so I will have to edit this post when I get a hold of her camera.


Otherwise, I did get some really nice gifts. My sister gave me a cute cross necklace. It is extremely heavy so I thought using it as a car decoration was a better idea.
Here is a close up. Every time I get in my car, I will think of my sister. That's nice!
My mom got me a cute pair of capris from Hanna Anderson and a bathing suit.

Why can't I just look like this girl in the bathing suit??? Why is that not a deal when you buy the suit?? I desperately needed a new suit. My nursing-Rocco-body has taken a new shape and my old suits will not hold in the cha-chis, if you know what I am saying?? Really, my new, bigger, giving nourishment to Rocco cha-chis are deserving of a post all to themselves. Ha ha!!!

So happy birthday to me. Thanks to Daon, I realized I share a birthday with the love of her life. She was quite jealous.

I am looking forward to what another year will bring!!!

1 comment:

Aggie99 said...

So glad you had a nice birthday! And those are some cute capris!